When you’ve sufferred an injury or are dealing with a legal issue, choosing a lawyer to help you can be stressful. One long-established West Coast law firm has started a new service -- Helpforme -- to eliminate as much stress as possible from making that choice.
Helpforme was created as the go-to legal brand for people who may not have used a lawyer before. With a sole focus on personal legal services, Helpforme’s team are passionate advocates for their clients, and guided by a clear set of moral and ethical standards. All fees are contingency-based, which means you don’t have to pay until your legal issue is resolved.
Helpforme specializes in four distinct areas: personal injury, estate litigation, insurance denials and product liability. The new service is powered by one of BC’s largest and most experienced teams of personal injury lawyers under one roof. With more than 180 combined years of professional experience, the legal service has handled more than 7,000 cases, winning over $425 million in settlements for its clients.
Helpforme offers the following tips for finding the right lawyer for you:
1. Look for experience and expertise. Ensure that they have previous, relevant, experience working on your type of situation, problem or legal issue.
2. Check previous success rates. Find a personal lawyer with a history of being a strong advocate for his/her clients.
3. Read client testimonials. Research and read client testimonials and reviews. Ask friends and family if they’ve had occasion to use a legal service or lawyer -- who they used, and most importantly, why.
4. Control the cost. Don’t pay when you don’t have to. Many lawyers require upfront payments to start work, whereas Helpforme operates on a contingency basis, which means you don’t pay anything until the successful resolution of your legal issue.
5. Find the right fit. Find a lawyer who understands you and your case. Not just legally, but the impact it has on you emotionally and physically.
6. Make sure the lawyer you sign up with is the one that works with you. Some law firms take your case at the initial meeting, but pass it onto another person -- for instance, a paralegal -- without you knowing about it.
7. Don’t sign up for a referral service online. Work with an actual lawyer who is knowledgeable and can represent you. Referral service websites usually have no legal background and can’t help you.
Helpforme’s team of lawyers have that breadth and precise depth of knowledge -- and they share it with you every step of the way. Helpforme Managing Partner Joel Zanatta says: “We created Helpforme to reduce as much client stress as possible from the legal side of the equation - that’s our job – and we never forget that our clients are real people, first and foremost. We do all we possibly can to help them get back on track, recover and rebuild.”